Mini Banana dosas are great finger foods for babies and best snack option for toddlers and kids. This can be made in minutes and needs only dosa batter & bananas. It's delicious and healthy too. You can give this to babies from 8 months as a finger food or snack.
Banana Dosa Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Banana - 1/2 cup mashed
- Dosa batter - 1/2 cup
- Sugar/jaggery - 1 to 2 tsp optional
- Butter/ghee - for making dosas
- Dates syrup - 1 tsp optional for topping
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Take banana. Mash the bananas well with your hand or fork. Mix the dosa batter well with bananas using a whisk to a smooth mixture. Keep it ready.
- Heat a tawa or iron skillet, add a small laddle of banana dosa mix to it and spread it to form a mini dosa. Don't spread too much. Sprinkle oil or butter. Cook until brown on one side for five minutes and flip the dosa carefully. Cook for a minute and remove from tawa. Repeat the same process for the remaining mix.
- When making this banana dosa for small babies, skip jaggery or sugar.
- I have added little jaggery and topped it with dates syrup so my dosas are more of dark brown in color, if u skip them your dosas would be light brown in color.
- Bananas should be ripen and sweet.
- For small babies, offer as a finger food by cutting into small cubes or Just mash the dosa with your hands/ dip it in warm water and give.
- Don't spread it too thin, otherwise it may stick to the tawa.
- Introduce this banana pancakes to your baby after introducing banana separate.
- Generally banana doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Adding sugar is not recommended until 1 year of age.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.