Dalia Khichdi Mix/ Broken wheat moong dal powder – Instant dalia khichdi mix recipe for babies that comes handy when travelling with your baby. Dalia/broken wheat/cracked wheat is a nutrional food for babies,I have already posted dalia khichdi recipe for babies using soaking and cooking in the pressure cooker, this dalia khichdi powder is really useful during travels and whenever you want to make instant dalia Khichdi recipe for babies. Introduce this mix to your baby after introducing dalia and moong dal separate. This dalia khichdi mix is ideal for babies from 8 months. Here is the recipe for making dalia khichdi using this powder.
Now lets get on to check how to make homemade dalia khichdi powder recipe for babies.
- Dalia/Broken Wheat/Cracked Wheat - ¼ cup
- Moong dal - ⅛ cup
- Cumin seeds - ⅛ tsp
- Take dalia & moongdal and wash it well. Dry it under the sun or shade for 1 hour or until the dalia and moong dal dried completely.Then dry roast the dalia in a pan until nice aroma comes. Switch off the flame once done and cool it down.
- Take the moong dal and cumin seeds in a pan and dry roast in low flame until moong dal turns golden here and there. Switch off the flame once done and cool it down.
- Grind the roasted dalia, moong dal, cumin seeds in a mixer to a fine powder. Cool it down and store in a airtight container.
- You can easily double the quantity of ingredients if you want to make this powder in large quantity.
- Generally dalia or moong dal doesn’t cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Use fine dalia or broken wheat variety for this recipe.
- Dry roast everything in low or medium flame in order to avoid burning.
- Store this powder in an airtight container, it stays good for a month if handled properly.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.