Fruits dessert is a very easy delicious dessert with a sweet taste and crunch of the fruits in between. This makes a great healthy dessert for kids and very easy to make too. My mom makes this dessert for special occasions when we were kids and we used to finished this off in no time! My little princess adopted the same habit of her mother now:)
You can give this to babies (very little amount) from 8 months as a rare snack. It's not a dish that we can give everyday it's meant for a rare treat as eating fruits as such is always recommended :). But don't feel guilty to enjoy this royal indulgence once in a while! Check other delicious dessert recipes I posted so far here. Now Let's get on to check how to make this easy fruits dessert for babies, toddlers and kids.
Fruits Dessert Recipe for babies, Toddlers and Kids | Dessert
- Banana - ½ cup mashed
- Apple - 2 tablespoon finely grated
- Pomegranate pearls - 2 tsp optional*
- Dates or Dates syrup - 2 whole de-seeded dates or 1 teaspoon of syrup
- Honey - 1 tbsp optional. Not recommended for babies below one year
- Palm Sugar/jaggery - 1 tsp
*You can use any seasonal fruits
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Take banana and all other fruits. Keep it ready with all other ingredients needed. Mash the bananas well with your hand or fork. Grate the apples finely and take pomegranate pearls from the fruit. Mix the fruits well with mashed bananas using a whisk to a smooth mixture. Keep it ready.
- Add mashed dates or dates syrup now and mix well. No need to mash completely, the fruit pieces can be seen. Top it with honey at last if desired.
- When making this recipe for small babies, skip honey and use jaggery in small amount.
- Skip pomegranates if your baby can't chew them.
- Adjust sweetness according to your baby's age.
- Bananas should be ripen and sweet.
- U can use any seasonal fruits to make this dessert, but bananas are must.
- Make sure to use the fruits which are not allergic to your baby.
- Adding sugar or honey is not recommended until 1 year of age.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.