Vanjaram fish fry is my favorite and we make it often for Sunday lunch. Fish should be a part of healthy diet as it has more nutrients. Fish fry is the best way to make kids eat fish and also this recipe has less oil as its tawa fried. It’s simple and quick to make. It goes well with sambar or rasam. We had it with fish Kuzhambu, the perfect combination for lunch!
Vanjaram Fish Fry Recipe (Vanjaram Meen Varuval/Seer Fish Fry)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Vanjaram fish - 3 big ones
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- In a plate , take red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste and salt. Mix it well with your hand. Add little water if needed.
- Coat the fish pieces with the mix on one side well and repeat the same for other side too. Marinate the fish pieces for 30 minutes at least. I kept it in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a tawa, place the fish pieces carefully and fry it for 5 minutes. Then turn the fish pieces with care and cook it for 3 minutes or until done.