Steamed dosa is a healthy version made with homemade ghee that can be given as breakfast/dinner to babies next to Idlis. It's very quick to prepare and make a wholesome meal for your baby. My baby will get bored If I feed idli every day to her, so this steamed dosa is a lifesaver for me. I served this steamed dosa with curd, dal, or mildly spiced sambar. For Idli dosa batter preparation, Check out the post on how to make Idli dosa using grinder or mixie.
This steamed dosa can be given to babies of age 8 months plus once introduced to porridge, purees, and steamed Idli. When you give Idli or this steamed dosa for the first time, mix it with warm water and feed it, which ensures easier digestion and avoids choking. Let's check how to make this steamed dosa for babies.
Steamed Dosa Recipe for Babies | Baby Food
- Idli Dosa Batter - 1 laddle
- Homemade ghee - ¼ tsp
- Prepare idli dosa batter using Mixie or grinder. Keep it ready.
- Heat a dosa tawa. Once its hot, pour a laddle of batter to it. Keep the flame medium to low. Spread a little to form a small circle. Then sprinkle ghee over it.
- Then cook covered with a lid for 3 minutes or until done. Once the dosa gets cooked, remove from the tawa.
- Make sure the dosa is cooked well, and it's soft.
- When you give this steamed dosa for the first time to your baby, mix it with warm water and feed it, ensuring easier digestion and avoiding choking.
- Homemade ghee is recommended for baby's food rather than store-bought ones.
My baby is 9 months old, I give food by grinding in mixie only. Though in this form he shows choking effect. So how to give with warm water.
take a small piece, Soak it in warm water, mild dal or chutney...mash it a bit and give your baby,,,
How to do homemade ghee
check this: https://gkfooddiary.com/homemade-ghee-recipe-from-butter-how-to/