Homemade ghee is fresh, fragrant, pure & healthy if taken in moderation. Homemade is far better than store bought ones. You have to make once to believe it!! I used to prepare a small batch of ghee every month so that it stays fresh. Let’s go to the recipe..
- Butter - 200gm
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig (optional)
- Butter milk - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Soak the curry leaves in buttermilk and keep aside. Take the butter out of freezer and keep it in room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Place the butter in heavy bottomed pan and keep the flame low or low to medium. The butter will start to melt down with a sound (shhhh..).
- Keep stirring with a ladle and butter will melt down completely at one stage & the sound ceases. Now the butter will start to foam up.
- keep stirring. At one stage the foam will change in to brown in colour & the clear ghee will pop out as shown in the pic. Add curry leaves at that time & switch off the flame immediately.
- Filter out the residue and store in air tight container.
3.keep stirring. At one stage the foam will change in to brown in color & the clear ghee will pop out as shown in the pic. Add curry leaves at that time & switch off the flame immediately.