Spinach mushroom pasta - Pasta cooked with mushrooms & spinach and tossed in homemade cream cheese sauce, tasty & healthy meal for toddlers and kids. I was looking for recipes to make with homemade cream cheese and tried usual pasta recipe by replacing store bought processed cheese with cream cheese. To my surprise, It turned out nice:) This creamy spinach mushroom pasta is ideal for babies for babies above one year after introducing everything separate. Check here on when and how to introduce pasta to babies here.
Let's get on to check how to make this creamy spinach mushroom pasta recipe for toddlers & kids.
Spinach Mushroom Pasta Recipe for Toddlers and Kids (with homemade cream cheese)
- Pasta - 1 cup
- Mushrooms - ¼ cup sliced
- Spinach leaves - ½ cup
- Cream cheese - ½ cup
- Whole milk - ½ cup
- Garlic cloves - 4 small ones
- Pepper corns - ¼ tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Olive oil or cooking oil - 1 tsp
- Measure pasta. Keep it ready along with other ingredients. Cook the pasta with salt in a saucepan of water for 10-12 minutes or follow the instructions given in the pack. Once the pasta is cooked, remove from the flame and strain the cooked pasta using a strainer.
- Wash and slice mushrooms and chop spinach finely. Peel garlic and keep it ready.
- Blend cream cheese with whole milk to a smoothie paste in a blender. Keep it ready.
- Heat a pan with oil and add garlic cloves. Toss it in oil for a minute. Then add chopped mushrooms and saute until water leaves from mushrooms.
- Then add salt & pepper powder and cheese milk mixture to mushrooms. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add spinach leaves and cook it further for 5 minutes.
- Now add cooked pasta. Mix everything well until everything is coated well with the pasta. Switch off the flame once done.
- You can add ¼ cup of any processed cheese to make it more creamy and richer.
- I used penne pasta. You can use any pasta variety to make this spinach mushroom pasta.
- Adjust the amount of pepper and garlic according to babies tolerance level.
- For small babies, cut into pieces and offer this avocado pasta.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby, before you try this spinach mushroom pasta recipe.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.