Sooji/Cream of wheat/rava is an easily digestible and versatile food for babies & kids, this sooji cereal is ideal as a breakfast cereal and comes handy during travel. It can be used to make instant porridge without cooking.
- You can make instant Cerelac for your baby during travel, posted the detailed method of preparation here.
- Add sooji cereal to hot milk and give as a breakfast cereal to your toddler.
- Can be used to make sooji ladoo or sooji halwa.
- Sooji/Cream of wheat/Rava - 1 cup
- Cashews/Almonds - 5
- Pistachios- 5
- Measure sooji and nuts. Roast the nuts in low flame until its hot to touch. Remove from the pan once done.
- Then roast the sooji in low flame for 5 minutes or until nice aroma comes. The color may change slightly. Switch off the flame once done and cool it down. Transfer the roasted sooji and nuts to a blender/mixer/food processor. Grind them to a smooth or slightly coarse powder. Transfer it to a plate and cool it down. Then store it in an airtight container.
Homemade sooji cereal is ready!
- This sooji cereal powder keeps well for a month if handled properly.
- Skip nuts for babies below 8 months. Make sure that baby is not allergic to any nuts before adding to this recipe.
- Store this sooji powder in a cool and dry place. Keep it in the refrigerator if the temperature is extremely hot.
- You can grind it to a fine or coarse powder as per your preference.
- Generally, sooji doesn’t cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.