Sooji/Cream of wheat/rava is an easily digestible and versatile food for babies & kids, this sooji cereal is ideal as a breakfast cereal and comes handy during travel. It can be used to make instant porridge without cooking.Read more about when and how to introduce sooji to babies, health benefits of sooji for babies and 20 + delicious sooji recipes for babies.
- You can make instant Cerelac for your baby during travel, posted the detailed method of preparation here.
- Add sooji cereal to hot milk and give as a breakfast cereal to your toddler.
- Can be used to make sooji ladoo or sooji halwa.
- Sooji/Cream of wheat/Rava - ½ cup
- Cashews/Almonds - 5
- Pistachios- 5
- Measure sooji and nuts. Roast the nuts in low flame until its hot to touch. Remove from the pan once done.
- Then roast the sooji in low flame for 5 minutes or until nice aroma comes. The color may change slightly. Switch off the flame once done and cool it down. Transfer the roasted sooji and nuts to a blender/mixer/food processor. Grind them to a smooth or slightly coarse powder. Transfer it to a plate and cool it down. Then store it in an airtight container.
Homemade sooji cereal is ready!
- This sooji cereal powder keeps well for a month if handled properly.
- Skip nuts for babies below 8 months. Make sure that baby is not allergic to any nuts before adding to this recipe.
- Store this sooji powder in a cool and dry place. Keep it in the refrigerator if the temperature is extremely hot.
- You can grind it to a fine or coarse powder as per your preference.
- Generally, sooji doesn’t cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.