Roasted Gram Dal ladoo/ Fried Gram Dal ladoo/ Pottukadalai Ladoo/ Maa ladoo - healthy protein packed ladoos prepared with roasted gram, sugar, ghee and cashews. Roasted gram is rich in protein & iron and one of the best healthy weight gaining food for growing kids. It can also helps in improving stamina and immunity. This roasted gram ladoo is a best way to include this healthy dal in kids diet. Its very quick to prepare with in 15 minutes and makes a healthy evening snack for kids, ideal while traveling too! This roasted gram dal ladoo can be given to babies from one year.
Roasted Gram Dal Ladoo Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Roasted Gram Dal / Pottukadalai- 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom - 1
- Cashews - 1 tbsp
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. Dry roast roasted gram dal (without changing its colour)in a pan for a minute. Remove from the pan once done.
- Blend the roasted gram dal to a smooth powder powder for 5 to 10 seconds in s blender/mixer. Transfer the grounded roasted gram to a bowl.
- Then add sugar and cardamom to the blender. Grind it to a smooth powder.
- Now sieve the ground sugar and roasted gram dal together.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cashews. Fry until the cashews turn golden brown. Switch off the flame once done. Then Transfer the sieved roasted gram sugar mix to a plate or bowl and add ghee along with cashews. Mix well. Break the lumps formed with your hands.
- Now start making balls with your hand. Store it in an air tight container once done.
- Add 1 or 2 tsp of ghee if you are not able to shape ladoos at the end.
- You can even use jaggery instead of sugar. In that case, add jaggery to the blender once you ground the roasted gram. Then grind everything together.
- Store the ladoos in a air tight container at room temperature. It stays well for a week.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this roasted gram ladoo.