Roasted Gram Dal ladoo/ Fried Gram Dal ladoo/ Pottukadalai Ladoo/ Maa ladoo – healthy protein packed ladoos prepared with roasted gram, sugar, ghee and cashews. Roasted gram is rich in protein & iron and one of the best healthy weight gaining food for growing kids. It can also helps in improving stamina and immunity. This roasted gram ladoo is a best way to include this healthy dal in kids diet. Its very quick to prepare with in 15 minutes and makes a healthy evening snack for kids, ideal while traveling too! This roasted gram dal ladoo can be given to babies from one year.
- Roasted Gram Dal / Pottukadalai- 1 cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Cardamom - 1
- Cashews - 1 tbsp
- Ghee - ¼ cup
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. Dry roast roasted gram dal (without changing its colour)in a pan for a minute. Remove from the pan once done.
- Blend the roasted gram dal to a smooth powder powder for 5 to 10 seconds in s blender/mixer. Transfer the grounded roasted gram to a bowl.
- Then add sugar and cardamom to the blender. Grind it to a smooth powder.
- Now sieve the ground sugar and roasted gram dal together.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cashews. Fry until the cashews turn golden brown. Switch off the flame once done. Then Transfer the sieved roasted gram sugar mix to a plate or bowl and add ghee along with cashews. Mix well. Break the lumps formed with your hands.
- Now start making balls with your hand. Store it in an air tight container once done.
- Add 1 or 2 tsp of ghee if you are not able to shape ladoos at the end.
- You can even use jaggery instead of sugar. In that case, add jaggery to the blender once you ground the roasted gram. Then grind everything together.
- Store the ladoos in a air tight container at room temperature. It stays well for a week.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this roasted gram ladoo.