Rice Moong dal kheer- Easy to make, tasty and healthy dessert recipe for babies and toddlers with homemade rice moong dal cereal. I have already shared a baby porridge recipe with rice moong dal powder and this one is a kheer you can make with it.
This rice moong dal kheer can be given to babies from 8 months, it makes a tasty and filling dessert for small babies even toddlers. Skip whole nuts in the recipe and use nuts powder instead.
Now lets get on to check how to make rice moong dal kheer for babies and kids.
- Homemade Rice Moong Dal Powder - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1.25 cups
- Palm Sugar/Jaggery Powder- 2 tbsp (optional)
- Coconut milk -1/2 cup
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Take the homemade rice moong dal cereal in a pan and 1.25 cups of water to it.
- Mix well with a whisk. Make sure that no lumps are formed. Cook the powder in low flame for 5 minutes or until it is completely cooked in sauce consistency.
- Once the powder is cooked to a sauce consistency, add sweetener if using. Give a quick stir.
- Cook it further for 3-5 minutes, add ghee and mix well.
- Add in coconut milk and cook it for 2 more minutes.Add nuts powder at this stage and Switch off the flame once done. Let the kheer cool down and feed your baby.
5. Add in coconut milk and cook it for 2 more minutes.Add nuts powder at this stage and Switch off the flame once done. Let the kheer cool down and feed your baby.
- Always prefer homemade coconut milk for baby.
- If you dont have rice moong dal powder in hand, take 1 tbsp of rice and 1/2 tbsp of moong dal, dry roast, powder and proceed with the remaining steps.
- This rice moong dal kheer will become thick after cooling down, so switch off the flame accordingly.
- Formula milk can be used instead of coconut milk. If using formula, add in once the kheer is warm.
- You can add mashed banana to this kheer as a sweetener for small babies.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Salt or sugar is not advisable for babies under one year.