Rice and moong dal mix comes handy whenever you want to make instant Khichdi recipe for babies. Introduce this mix to your baby after introducing rice and moong dal separate. Do check out how to make rice moong dal porridge using this homemade rice moong dal powder here.
Now lets get on to check how to make homemade rice moong dal powder recipe for babies.
Homemade rice dal powder for babies | How to make instant Khichdi mixfor babies
- Parboiled rice - 1/2 cup
- Moong dal - 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1/8 tsp
- Take rice & moongdal and wash it well. Dry it under the sun or shade for 1 hour or until the rice and moong dal dried completely.
- Take the dried rice, moong dal and cumin seeds in a pan and dry roast in low flame until the rice hot to touch and little puffy & moong dal turns golden here and there. Switch off the flame once done.
- Grind the rice, moong dal, cumin seeds in a mixer to a fine powder. Cool it down and store in a airtight container.
- Generally rice or moong dal doesn’t cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- You could use any normal cooking rice which you use for your family.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.