Raw banana powder Halwa/raw Kerala banana halwa – easy, quick dessert for babies and kids with raw banana powder. I have already shared porridge and milkshake recipe with raw banana powder. This raw banana halwa is another delicacy you can make with raw banana powder. It tastes similar to banana halwa.
This Raw Banana halwa can be given to babies from 8 months as a quick dessert. Make sure to use powdered nuts for babies below two years instead of whole nuts as it may choke.
Note: I have shared two methods of making raw banana halwa. The first method which I shared in the video uses palm jaggery, and halwa has nice gooey consistency. If you want to make halwa with squares, do follow the second method which I shared in the post with pictures. I used jaggery for the second method. However, in both the ways, it turned out good and tasted great.
Now let’s get on to check how to prepare raw banana porridge for baby and toddlers.
- Raw banana porridge powder - ¼ cup
- Powdered palm jaggery - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Chopped nuts/powdered nuts - 1 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder - ¼ tsp
- Take 2 tbsp of jaggery and add ¼ cup of water to it or add water till immersing level. Boil until it melts completely and the mixture becomes slightly thick. Then strain the jaggery mixture to remove impurities. Keep aside.
- Take 2 tbsp of raw banana porridge mix in a thick bottomed pan. Add 1.5 cups of water to it and mix everything slowly with a whisk. Make sure that there are no lumps formed.
- Then add in strained jaggery mixture followed by 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Then add in cardamom powder. Mix well. Cook everything in the low medium flame until it becomes thick. Whisk or stir it continuously while cooking otherwise it may stick to the vessel and form lumps.
- Cook until the entire mix will leave the sides of the pan. Now add in the ghee toasted nuts/nuts powder and switch off the flame once done.
- Transfer the halwa from the pan to a ghee greased plate. Spread the halwa to ¾ inch thickness and smooth out the top. After the halwa cools down, cut into squares.
Tasty raw banana halwa is ready to feed your baby.
- Cook in low flame until it turns thick. Whisk it continuously while cooking otherwise halwa may stick to the vessel and form lumps.
- You can make this halwa with cows milk for babies above one year.
- Generally, the raw banana powder doesn’t cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Offer this porridge halwa when you start. Try to avoid jaggery/ palm sugar/ palm jaggery or any sweetener at least till one year or add minimal amount than mentioned.