Banana Halwa - easy dessert made with ripened bananas for toddlers, kids and for the whole family. I have already posted banana halwa/sheera with suji/rava and this version of banana halwa is made only with bananas. A long ,well ripened Kerala banana (Nendran) was lying in my fruits basket crying out to be used, instantly I made this as a quick evening dessert/ snack, it turned out nice with perfect texture of halwa. Everyone at home enjoyed this super quick halwa, do give a try and I am sure you will like it:) This banana halwa can be given to babies after one year as a dessert.
Now Let's check how to make this banana halwa recipe for toddlers and kids.
Banana Halwa Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Banana - 1 long sized ripened
- Palm Sugar/ Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Homemade Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - 1/8 tsp
- Cashews - 6
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Peel and slice bananas. Keep them ready.
- Mash the bananas well with a fork and set aside. Heat a pan with a tbsp of ghee and add cashews and raisins, fry them until golden brown. Remove from the pan once done.
- Now add mashed bananas to the same pan and fry them for two minutes in low medium flame. Then add required amount of sugar & powdered cardamom to it and mix well.
- After adding sugar, the mixture will liquefied and gets thicken up with time. Continue stirring and add the remaining ghee little by little.
- When the halwa forms a whole mass and doesn't stick to the pan, add ghee fried cashews & raisins and switch off the flame.
- Grease a plate with little ghee and spread halwa. Let it cool and set aside for 15-20 minutes. Then cut them into squares and enjoy!
- You can use any ripened banana to make this banana halwa. But Kerala banana gives a nice flavor to this halwa.
- Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of banana.
- You can also use jaggery to make this banana halwa.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Don't prefer whole nuts for small babies, instead add powdered nuts.