Puffed Rice Porridge - instant porridge recipe made with homemade puffed rice cereal . As promised, here is the detailed steps to make instant porridge using puffed rice cereal.Its really helpful when you travel with your baby, all you need to do is, carry the puffed rice cereal in an airtight container and just mix with hot water and feed your baby whenever required.
This puffed rice porridge recipe can be given to babies from 7 months. This porridge tastes good even plain without adding any additional sweetener or salt. But you can add any fruit puree or mashed sweet potatoes, jaggery syrup, dates syrup or raisins paste to enhance the taste. For babies above one year, you can make this puffed rice porridge with cow's milk (instead of water) and sugar/jaggery syrup! Tastes delicious!
Here is how to make instant puffed rice porridge recipe for babies and toddlers during travel.
Instant Puffed Rice Porridge Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Homemade Puffed rice Cereal - ½ cup
- Hot Water - ¾ cup
- Ghee -½ tsp
- Dates syrup/any sweetener/fruit puree - 1-2 tbsp optional
- Take ½ cup of puffed rice cereal mix in a bowl. Add hot water little by little and mix well with a spoon or whisk. Make sure there are no lumps remained.
- Add sweetener at this stage if using. Give a quick stir.Add ghee at the end and mix well. Feed the puffed rice porridge warm to your baby !
- Add hot water little by little, don't add all the water at once. Stop adding water once porridge consistency is reached.
- You could also use ¾ cup of boiled cows milk instead of water for babies above one year.
- Skip sweetener for babies below one year. Use fruit puree, mashed sweet potatoes, dates syrup or raisins paste (soak raisins overnight and make a paste with little water using a blender and add it)
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.