Milk Rice Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Cooked Rice - 1/4 cup
- Boiled Milk - 2 tbsp
- Sugar/Jaggery - 2 tsp
- Salt - a tiny pinch optional
- Ghee - 1/4 tsp optional
- Cook rice in a pot or pressure cooker. Once cooked cool it down and mash it completely.
- Take the mashed rice in a mixing bowl. Add warm milk, sugar and salt (if using).
- Mix everything well. Adjust the consistency by adding milk. Now Add ghee at the end (optional). Give a quick stir.
- The consistency of this milk rice should be slightly thick. Adjust milk quantity accordingly.
- Use whole thick milk for best results.
- You can make this milk rice either with sugar or salt or even the combination of both. Choose according to your child’s taste buds.
- Adjust sweetner as per your preference. It’s mildly sweet as per the quantity mentioned above.
- You can also add nuts or nuts powder to this milk rice.
- Make sure to introduce each ingredient separate before you try this milk rice.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.