Corn Paneer Pulao/Corn Paneer Rice - flavored rice with sweet corn kernels,paneer cubes, cashews, ghee, spices and tempering. Pulao/rice varieties are just apt for kids lunch box, I think each one has their own version of preparing variety of pulao/rice and here is one version of making it. The preparation is too simple and you can easily put it together for lunch or even dinner.
This corn paneer pulao tastes so good that it gets emptied every time in a jiffy. You can simply serve this corn paneer pulao with curd or any vegetable curry of your choice. It can be given to kids from one year once they start eating all family foods.
Here is how to make easy corn paneer pulao recipe for babies, toddlers and kids.
Corn Paneer Pulao Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Rice - 1 cup
- Big Onion - 1 medium sized
- Sweet Corn Kernels - 1/2 cup
- Paneer Cubes - 1/2 cup
- Yogurt/Curd - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Salt - as required
- Cloves -1
- Cardamom - 1
- Cinnamon - 1/4 inch piece
- Black Pepper Corns – 1 tsp
- Mint Leaves - 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 5
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
- Cashews - 1.5 tbsp
- Tomato - 1 big sized
- Green chili - 1
- Ghee/Oil- 2 tbsp
- Bay leaves - 1
- Cloves -1
- Cinnamon - a small piece
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Keep corn kernels and paneer cubes ready. Slice onions roughly. Set aside. Wash rice in running water 2-3 times and soak it in water for 20 minutes.
- Grind the items listed "to grind" to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pressure cooker with ghee/oil. Add bay leaves,cloves, cinnamon and cumin seeds. Let cumin seeds crackle. Now add in chopped onions. Saute them nicely until golden brown.
- Once onions becomes transparent , add the ground paste and toss them nicely for 5 minutes or until the raw smell leaves.
- Then add in corn kernels along with curd/yogurt. Give a quick stir. Now add soaked rice and mix well without breaking it.
- Finally add the paneer cubes. Mix it carefully and add required salt at this stage. Bring it to a boil.
- Then close the lid of pressure cooker and cook everything in a medium flame for three whistles. Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and fluff the rice with a spoon slowly, top with more ghee if required.
- You can skip paneer and make this pulao with corn kernels alone.
- Big onions can be replaced with ten Small onions/shallots for a different flavor and taste.
- Skip green chilies for small babies.
- Any Normal cooking rice can be used to prepare this corn paneer pulao.
- Water quantity depends on the type of rice used. I have used basmati rice and hence 1.5 cups of water is apt with prior soaking.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.