Kovakkai (Ivy gourd in English and Tindora in Hindi) is a healthy vegetable but rarely consumed in many households. It provides lot of health benefits to us particularly best for controlling diabetics. We used to have this vegetable once in two weeks without fail for its goodness. This stir fry is very basic and simple. Let’s go to the recipe.
Kovakkai Poriyal Recipe (Tindora / Ivy gourd Stir Fry) | Stir FryRecipes
- Kovakkai - 20 nos
- Onion - 1 small sized
- Sambar powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Chop Tindoros into circles as shown neither too thin nor big. Finely chop the onions and keep it ready.
- Heat a pan with oil and add the items to temper in order. Once the mustard seeds cracks and urad dal turns golden brown, add curry leaves.
- Add onions now and nicely fry till it becomes transparent. Then add tindoras.
- Add sambar powder, salt and mix well. Pour a cup of water to cook the veggie.
- Cook covered in medium flame for ten minutes or until the tindoras are well cooked and completely changed it colour.