Homemade cream cheese - easy homemade cream cheese recipe with 3 ingredients: milk, lemon and curd! After trying ricotta cheese at home, I wanted to try homemade cream cheese too, so tried this and it turned out great. It tastes almost similar to the store bought ones but preservatives free. Isn't that sounds good! The method is very simple, so do try make at home and serve your little ones guilt free cheese every time. I shall post more recipes to use this homemade cream cheese for babies soon.
- Mix with pureed or mashed fruits.
- You could apply cream cheese as a spread to plain bread.
- Add it to pastas in place of processed cheese. Tastes great.
- Can prepare homemade cheese cakes.
Now let's get on to check how to make homemade cream cheese recipe for babies, toddlers and Kids.
Homemade Cream Cheese recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Whole Milk - 1 litre
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Curd/Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Start by keeping the milk and lemon juice ready. Boil the milk in medium low flame for 5 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
- When it's about to boil (Don't let it boil), add lemon juice. Stir it gently. The mixture will start to curdle. Continue stirring gently until it completely curdles.
- Set the colander/strainer in a large bowl. Place a cheese cloth or muslin cloth over it. Pour the curdled mixture to it gently. After transferring the entire curdled mixture, leave it for 15 to 30 minutes or until the water is drained out,
- Then transfer the mixture to a blender and add curd. Grind it to smooth paste.
- Now transfer the ground paste to a cheese cloth again and gather the corners of the cloth and tie it up. Let it stand for another 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, let the cloth hang inside a container without touching the bottom of the container. Refrigerate this setup overnight and the next day open it. Cream cheese will be ready to use.
- You can also directly make cream cheese from paneer/cottage cheese, for 1 cup of paneer add 1/2 cup of curd and blend it. Continue with remaining steps from step 5.
- You can wash the collected cheese before draining if any raw smell of lemon is there.
- Make sure to refrigerate the cloth setup after 4 hours. Otherwise the cheese may turn out sour.
- The color and volume of cream cheese purely depends on the type of milk used.
- Your could use vinegar instead of lemon juice.
- Let the water drain out completely before you store.
- Keep it refrigerated and stays fresh for a week.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.