Homemade Chocolate Milk powder (with nuts) - healthy chocolate powder mix with cocoa powder and nuts. Chocolate milk powder is readily available at stores but homemade is always best! Cocoa powder is rich in antioxidants and I have also added nuts to this chocolate powder mix to make it more healthy! My little daughter enjoyed it to the core! Do make a batch for your kids too, they will surely like.
This homemade chocolate milk powder can be given to babies of age one year plus after introducing each nuts and cocoa powder separate. Once you ruled out allergies, try this homemade chocolate milk powder.
When you start begin with ½ teaspoon of this powder and check whether the baby shows any allergic reaction. Check it for 3 days and if the baby is not allergic to it, you can increase the amount gradually. You can use this powder to prepare a instant chocolate milk. I will post the detailed preparation method for chocolate milk recipe using this chocolate mix powder soon.
Homemade Chocolate Milk Powder Recipe for Toddlers and Kids (with nuts)
- Cocoa powder - ⅓ cup
- Almonds/Badam -20
- Cashews - 10
- Walnuts- 10
- Palm Sugar or brown sugar - ⅔ cup
- Measure all the ingredients using a measuring cup as mentioned in the ingredients table & keep it ready. Next step is to blanch the almonds. Heat a cup of water in a sauce pan until rolling boil and add almonds to it. Keep it undisturbed for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, add cold water to it and drain the water completely from it. Transfer the drained almonds to a clean absorbent cloth or a towel and pat dry it. Peel the skin off from the almonds and pat dry them once again.
- Then dry roast the blanched almonds in a pan until it's hot to touch. Keep aside and cool it down. Next, dry roast the cashews along with walnuts until its hot to touch. Remove from the pan and set aside. Don't dry roast for a long time, as it may leave out oil.
- Now add the roasted almonds, cashews, pistachios to a blender. Now add palm sugar/brown sugar/regular white sugar to the blender and give a run. Use pulse option in the mixie. Don't grind too much, just pulse it for 10 seconds.
- Then add cocoa powder to the blender and grind everything in high speed for 10 seconds until everything gets mixed well.
- Now sieve the powder using a sieve. Set the sieved fine powder aside. Collect the hard particles and add it to the blender. Again grind the particles using pulse option for 10 seconds. Sieve it again and collect the smooth powder. If needed, sieve and grind again. Cool it down and store it in an air tight container.
6. Now sieve the powder using a sieve. Set the sieved fine powder aside. Collect the hard particles and add it to the blender. Again grind the particles using pulse option for 10 seconds. Sieve it again and collect the smooth powder. If needed, sieve and grind again. Cool it down and store it in an air tight container.
- You can store this homemade chocolate milk powder in an airtight container at room temperature or keep it in refrigerator if you live in a humid weather. It stays well for 2 to 3 months if handled properly.
- Instead of Palm sugar/brown sugar you can use white rock sugar too.
- Adjust the palm sugar/brown sugar quantity according to your preference.
- Make sure you cool down completely after roasting & blending. Otherwise it will let out moisture.
- Don't grind too much as it may leave out oil.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Don't dry roast the nuts for too long as it may leave out oil. Dry roast each nuts until its hot to touch or You could simply sun dry them and grind too.
- Never run the mixer/blender for more than 10 seconds when grinding as nuts may leave out oil if you blend continuously, use pulse option in the mixie/blender.
- Sieve it well to get a fine powder.
- Grinding the nuts with sugar helps to get fine powder.
Hi there, I'm Grace from Malaysia.
Can I just use hazelnuts in case i don't want the nuts in my chocolate mixture.
You can use any nuts but make sure your baby is not allergic to it.
Which brands( coco powder) should be good for 3 and half years old kids? Please name some good qualities coco powder.
I use Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder. It's good.
Shd we just mix with boiled milk or do we need to cook along with fresh milk.
you should cook along with milk
thanks for the reply dear. Will Try this healthy drink for my kid .
Can we use roasted almonds?
Can u plz tell me which brand of cocoa powder u have used??
Which brand cocoa powder you advice
I use Hershey's 100% unsweetened cocoa powder
Can i give 1+ baby
Hi there I am Seetha from Chennai, in this recipe you had mentioned the usage of palm sugar, in our locality the palmsugars are dusty. Can you advise how to clean palm sugar before usage or can I substitute palm sugar with normal sugar? appreciate your reply
yes you can replace with white sugar..but palm sugar has nutritional benefits than white sugar so look for organic clean palm sugar if possible.