Grapes are loaded with antioxidants and hence good for heart health! Having grapes as such as is always recommend, but unfortunately for small babies grapes may poses choking hazard and hence its better to prefer grapes as puree or juice! In that way they can enjoy this delicious healthy fruit. Please check more information on how to introduce juices to babies here.
Grapes can be introduced to babies diet from 8 months. However if you want to introduce as soon as 6 months, introduce as grapes juice. After 10 months, remove seeds, mash or cut into tiny pieces and offer in small amount. If grapes are offered with skin to small babies, it might come out in the poop as bits and pieces . It's absolutely normal and that doesn't mean that baby is allergic to grapes.
Grapes Juice Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Grapes - 2 cups
- Sugar/Honey - 2 tsp optional
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp from half of a small lemon
- Water - 1 cup
- Take grapes in a wide bowl. Remove stems. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to them mix well. Then wash the grapes in running water thoroughly. Washing grapes in watermelon helps to remove the pesticide effects.
- Transfer the washed grapes to the blender along with water, sugar/honey(if using) and 2 tablespoon of lemon juice. Blend it for 10 seconds. Don't grind too long as you might grind the seeds too.
- Now Strain through a strainer and collect the juice in a vessel.
- You could make this grapes juice without lemon too. And avoid lemon juice if your child has citrus allergy.
- Skip sugar/honey if the grapes are sweet enough.
- Don't blend for too long, as you might grind the seeds which makes the juice to taste bitter.
- Always serve the juice fresh.
- You can add ice cubes to the juice if you want it more chilled. But it's not advisable for small children.
- Always remember that breastmilk or formula should be major for babies until one year hence prefer juices occasionally and when baby is sick.
- If making this juice for babies of age 6-12 months, Skip honey/sugar and ice cubes.
Leave a Reply