This is a first ever guest post in my space! Yayyyy!!! That’s from my dear friend Archana Karthick. She is one of those friend I can share everything comfortably. She is a multi talented person: great cook, baker, baby photographer, mathematician etc. & more than anything she is such a sweetheart!!! Don’t forget to visit her official Facebook page for baby photography: DimplesNGrins !
When I approached her to do a guest post, she readily accepted it:) I asked to try any healthy cake recipe without maida but unfortunately she couldn’t do because of the time constraint 🙁 But when she gave me this creamy, smooth, chocolaty, luscious, delectable and sinful cake recipe I Couldn’t say a no as I was literally drooling 🙂
This eggless chocolate cake is a very rich, delicious dessert and pure indulgence with little guilt. She promised me to give healthy version of cakes in near future. I should say she has taken extra effort to fulfill my expectations. Thanks much for all the efforts Archana! Now Let’s get on to check how to make this delicious egg-less chocolate cake.
- Maida (All Purpose Flour) - 1 Cup (100 g)
- Cocoa powder - 50 g
- Condensed milk - 200 g
- Butter - 100 g
- Curd - 100 g
- Dry Fig Chopped - ½ cup
- Milk - ½ cup (75 ml)
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- For Chocolate Icing:
- Condensed Milk - 200 g
- Cocoa powder - 4 tbsp
- Butter - 50 g
- Grease and dust baking tin and preheat oven to 180 degrees. Measure and keep the dry figs ready.
- Sieve together maida, cocoa & baking soda (sodium bicarbonate). Beat butter and dahi until light and creamy. Add the sieved ingredients, milk and Condensed Milk. Add the dry figs chopped & pour into greased tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 -35 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the tin you use) at 180° ( suggest you to bake at 160° if u want flat top) till tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes .In the meantime, prepare chocolate icing: (measurement for the ingredients given in the ingredients table) mix together butter, cocoa and Condensed Milk and beat well. Microwave for 20 seconds. Mix thoroughly. Spread over cake & leave to set. Slice & serve.
- Chocolate cake can be served with vanilla or chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips.
- Replace all purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a healthy version. Use 1/2 cup of flour in that case.
- You could use walnuts instead of dried figs or even any nuts.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect moist cake.