Dates kheer is a quick, healthy, no sugar kheer made with dates, nuts, dry fruits coconut milk. This delicious dates kheer recipe is quick to make within 15 minutes. Don't underestimate the taste of this dates kheer by its looks, it tasted so good, and my little one finished this yummy kheer in no time:) Do try for your little ones and family to believe it! It can be served as a quick dessert for babies from 8 months after introducing dates separately.
Now Let's get on to check how to make this easy dates kheer recipe for babies, toddlers & kids.
Dates Kheer Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Dates - 8 to 10
- Thick Coconut Milk or formula milk- 1.5 cups
- Cashews - 1 tbsp
- Cardamom - 1
- Ghee - 2 Tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Chop dates roughly and keep it ready. Now grind chopped dates, cashews and half of coconut milk in a blender until smooth. Don't add formula milk (if using) now to blend. If the dates aren't soft enough, soak it for little time and then grind it.
- Transfer the blended mix to a saucepan and heat it. Mix well and cook it for 3-5 minutes or until the raw smell of dates leaves.
- Then lower the flame and add coconut milk. Cook it for another 5 minutes (with stirring in regular intervals) or until it thickens and creamy consistency is reached. Add ghee and Switch off the flame once done. Cool it down.
- If using formula milk, heat the dates mix with ghee without adding formula. Prepare formula milk separately and add it to the dates paste once its cooled down.
- Soak dates in water or coconut milk for some time for easy blending and to get a smooth paste.
- Add ghee fried cashews and few dates to the kheer at the end to make it tastier and appealing kheer for older kids and adults.
- For small babies quarter portion of this kheer would be sufficient as a dessert.
- After adding coconut milk, don't let it boil, keep the flame low and stir it until it gets thick. Otherwise, coconut milk may get curdled.
- You could also use cow's milk to make these dates kheer for babies above one year.
- Dates kheer gets little thicken after cooled down, so switch off the flame accordingly.
- You can add little jaggery if the sweetness of dates is not enough.
- If using formula milk, heat the dates mix with ghee without adding formula. Prepare formula milk separately and add it to the dates paste once it is cooled down.
- You could also add fruits of your choice to this dates kheer.
- Make sure to introduce each ingredient separately to your baby before you try this dates kheer recipe.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.