Carrot Raita – easy raita made with carrots, curd and coriander leaves which goes well with paratha, roti and variety rice. Even it can be given as such too! It’s a very simple recipe you could make in jiffy, but tastes great. Its one of the best way to sneak in carrots to kids diet. For small babies raw carrots are not easily digestible and hence I would suggest to give this fresh carrot raita to babies after one year (start with a small amount).
Here is how to make carrot raita recipe for toddlers and kids.
- Carrots - 1 cup grated
- Curd - ½ cup
- Green chilli - 1 (optional)
- Corainder leaves - a handful
- Salt - as required
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida - a generous pinch
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash carrots well. Peel the outer skin of carrots using a peeler. Then grate the carrots using a grater and keep it ready. Whisk the curd well. Set aside.
- Now add grated carrots, chopped coriander leaves, required salt to the beaten curd. Mix well. Temper the items given to temper in a small pan with oil until mustard seed cracks and urad dal turn brown.
- Add the tempered items to raita and mix well once again.
- You could also saute the carrots for small kids if they don’t digest raw carrots.
- Skip green chillies for small kids.
- Always check with your baby’s doctor before giving any new food to your baby.