Carrot Orange juice – healthy vegetable fruit juice with carrots and oranges. I prefer homemade juices to beat the heat during summer than the juice we buy at store. Carrots with a dash of oranges makes it all more healthy and tasty. For small babies raw carrots are not easily digestible and hence I would suggest to give this fresh carrot orange juice to babies after one year (start with a small amount).
Here is how to make fresh carrot orange juice recipe for babies, toddlers and kids.
- Carrots - 2
- Oranges - 2
- Ginger - a small piece
- Water - ¾ cup
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash carrots well. Peel the outer skin of carrots using a peeler.
- Then cut the carrots into slices, puree the sliced carrots along with ginger in a blender. Use little water while grinding. Set aside.
- Wash the oranges in running water thoroughly. Cut them into half horizontally. Squeeze each half of orange by your hand using a orange juicer. Collect the juice in a bowl attachment comes with a citrus juicer. Filter the Orange juice and keep it ready.
- Now Filter the carrot puree using a strainer and add remaining water, Orange juice, honey & mix well.
Fresh carrot orange juice is ready!
Hope you liked this recipe.
- Adding ginger helps in digestion, as raw carrot is not easily digestible for some babies.
- If the oranges and carrots are sweet enough, skip adding honey.Adjust sweetener as per your preference.
- Bring the oranges to room temperature before squeezing so that it will be easy to squeeze
- Always check with your baby’s doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Give only a small amount when you introduce this juice to your child. Also it’s recommended to dilute the juice with water when you introduce.