Beetroot is one of the healthy veggie and known to improve muscle strength and stamina. We used to have this vegetable at least once a week. This stir fry is very simple to make and can be done in jiffy. I love this poriyal for its vibrant red color !Lets check the Beetroot Poriyal recipe.
Beetroot Poriyal Recipe (Beetroot Stir Fry)
- Beetroot - 1 medium sized
- Onion - 1 small sized
- Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
- Sambar powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Hing - a pinch
- Curry leaves - few
- Wash the beetroot well. Peel the skin off and cut the vegetable into bite size pieces. Chop the onions finely and keep aside.
- Heat a kadai with oil and add the items to temper in order. Once the mustard seeds cracks and urad dal turns golden brown, add hing and curry leaves.
- Add onions now and nicely fry till it becomes transparent. Add beetroot pieces, sambar powder, salt and mix well.
- Add a cup of water and cook covered in medium flame for 10 minutes or until done.
- Once the veggie is cooked, add coconut and mix well for a minute & Switch off the flame.