Banana ghee fry is a quick and yummy dessert made with long variety Kerala Nendran bananas, sugar, cardamom powder, & ghee for babies, toddlers, and kids. It’s a straightforward and tasty recipe, in which bananas are pan-fried in ghee, sprinkled with sugar and cardamom. In Kerala South India, it’s known as Ethapazham Varattiyathu.
I prefer to give this ghee roasted bananas once in a while as a quick evening snack to my little one when she gets fussy about eating:) Whenever I make this roasted bananas, the whole house would be filled with the aroma of ghee and smells divine! This banana ghee fry can be given to babies after eight months(skip sugar) as finger food, and it helps in healthy weight gain. Now Let’s check how to make this banana ghee fry recipe for babies, toddlers, and kids.
- Ripe Nendran Banana/ Kerala Banana or any long variety banana - 1
- Brown Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Homemade Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Peel and slice bananas.
- In a saucepan, heat ghee and add sliced bananas. Fry the bananas in ghee until golden brown. It may take 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the bananas and cook it further for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle brown sugar and cardamom powder over the roasted bananas. Switch off the flames once done.
Here is the video of how to make banana ghee roast for babies and toddlers
- Choose ripe bananas for this recipe.
- If using Kerala Nendran banana for small babies, make sure to remove the center black seeds part for easier digestion.
- You can use any long variety banana to make this recipe. But Kerala banana gives a sweet flavor.
- Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of the banana.
- For babies below one year, skip the sugar.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.