Baby corn fingers are the best evening snack for kids and the whole family. That can be made in an instant. Baby corn fingers are also called baby corn bajji or golden corn fries. It's sure a kid's favorite as it is crispy & tasty. Though I won't prefer deep-fried items for kids regularly, It is sure a treat for them once in a while! Do try this and update how it turned out for you 🙂
Let's check how to make these crispy baby corn fingers for toddlers and kids.
Baby Corn Fingers Recipe for Toddlers & Kids | Evening Snacks
Baby Corn Fingers - Easy, Crispy baby corn fingers, best evening snack for toddlers & kids.
- Baby Corn - 10 nos
- Besan Flour - ¼ cup
- Rice Flour - 2 tbsp
- Chilli powder - ½ tsp
- Garam masala or chat masala powder - ¼ tsp optional
- Hing - a generous pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - for deep frying
- Wash baby corn well in running water. Cut and trim the end of baby corns if desired. Pressure cook them with a cup of water for two whistles in medium flame.
- In a mixing bowl, add beean flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, hing and required salt. Add required water and mix all the ingredients well to form a batter consistency.
- Dip each baby corn into the paste and deep fry in the pre heated oil until golden brown.
- Do it in batches. Drain it in tissue paper to remove extra oil. Switch it off once done and serve.
Tried this recipe?Mention @gkfooddiary or tag #gkfooddiary!
1. Wash baby corn well in running water. Cut and trim the end of baby corn if desired. Pressure cook them with a cup of water for two whistles on medium flame.
2. In a mixing bowl, add bean flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, thing, and required salt. Add the required water and mix all the ingredients well to form a batter consistency.
3. Dip each baby corn into the paste and deep fry in the preheated oil until golden brown.
4. Do it in batches. Drain it on tissue paper to remove extra oil. Switch it off once done and serve.
Crispy baby corn fingers are ready!
I hope you liked this recipe.
- You can even skip pressure cooking and directly deep fry the baby corn in oil. But pressure cooking helps to coat the batter well.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
- Use a pinch of baking soda to get a nice texture.
- Generally, baby corn doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Leave a Reply