Baby corn fingers is a best evening time snack for kids and the whole family that can be made in jiffy. Baby corn fingers also known as baby corn bajji or baby corn golden fries. It's sure a kids favorite as its crispy & tasty. Though I won't prefer deep fried items for kids on a regular basis, Still once in a while is sure a treat for them! Do try this and update how it turned out to you 🙂
Baby Corn Fingers Recipe for Toddlers & Kids | Evening Snacks
- Baby Corn - 10 nos
- Besan Flour - 1/4 cup
- Rice Flour - 2 tbsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala or chat masala powder - 1/4 tsp optional
- Hing - a generous pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - for deep frying
- Wash baby corn well in running water. Cut and trim the end of baby corns if desired. Pressure cook them with a cup of water for two whistles in medium flame.
- In a mixing bowl, add beean flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, hing and required salt. Add required water and mix all the ingredients well to form a batter consistency.
- Dip each baby corn into the paste and deep fry in the pre heated oil until golden brown.
- Do it in batches. Drain it in tissue paper to remove extra oil. Switch it off once done and serve.
- You can even skip pressure cooking and directly deep fry the baby corns in oil. But pressure cooking helps to coat the batter well.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
- Use a pinch of baking soda to get a nice texture.
- Generally baby corn doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.