Rice and moong dal mix comes handy whenever you want to make instant Khichdi recipe for babies. Introduce this mix to your baby after introducing rice and moong dal separate. Do check out how to make rice moong dal porridge using this homemade rice moong dal powder here.
Now lets get on to check how to make homemade rice moong dal powder recipe for babies.
Homemade rice dal powder for babies | How to make instant Khichdi mixfor babies
Homemade Rice moong dal powder - instant khichdi mix for babies.
- Parboiled rice - ½ cup
- Moong dal - ¼ cup
- Cumin seeds - ⅛ tsp
- Take rice & moongdal and wash it well. Dry it under the sun or shade for 1 hour or until the rice and moong dal dried completely.
- Take the dried rice, moong dal and cumin seeds in a pan and dry roast in low flame until the rice hot to touch and little puffy & moong dal turns golden here and there. Switch off the flame once done.
- Grind the rice, moong dal, cumin seeds in a mixer to a fine powder. Cool it down and store in a airtight container.
Tried this recipe?Mention @gkfooddiary or tag #gkfooddiary!
Here is the video for how to make Homemade rice dal powder or Instant Khichdi Mix for babies
1. Take rice & moongdal and wash it well. Dry it under the sun or shade for 1 hour or until the rice and moong dal dried completely.
1. Take the dried rice, moong dal and cumin seeds in a pan and dry roast in low flame until the rice hot to touch and little puffy & moong dal turns golden here and there. Switch off the flame once done.
2. Grind the rice, moong dal, cumin seeds in a mixer to a fine powder. Cool it down and store in a airtight container.
Healthy homemade rice moong dal powder is ready!
- Generally rice or moong dal doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- You could use any normal cooking rice which you use for your family.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Recepie is gyd but i ask yu something this recepie is baby can digest or not
yes rice and moong dal is easily digestible in general.
My baby is 3.5 months old and allergic to lactos so doctor advise to give him roasted rice and mug, banana and chiku. Is it advisable
Am not sure about introducing solids at this stage. In general, its recommended after six months. Also as of I know amino acid-based formula is suggested for babies allergic to lactose
Can we grind moong separately without mixing with rice? So, we can add it with rice only when ever we want..
For small babies moong dal should be cooked for easier digestion. Hence its not recommended to directly mix with rice. For Older kids, you can try
No.. I meant, rather than mixing rice and moong Dal together.can I prepare moong Dal powder separately and cook it separately and to mix with rice on a need basis.
Yes in that way you can try. I never tried though.
Hi did you try it separately? Wanted to know if it worked well
Can I use red rice poha instead of parboiled rice in this recipe?
yes you can try...but make sure to roast the red poha well..no need to wash the poha
My baby is 6 months 18 days old can i feed him.....
My baby is in 5th month, my milk is not sufficient for him and he is not taking formula milk from bottle he just chews the nipple.so I m thinking of starting rice porridge as shown..is that ok?
You can start after consulting with the baby's doctor. generally, it is recommended to begin after six months.
Hi...my daughter is 16 month old and she is on mother’s feed and avoid taking other food. Please suggest what all options I can try to make her feed
This powder has to mixed with milk or water and in what proportion ?
check here: https://gkfooddiary.com/rice-dal-porridge-for-babies/
Cn I pls know what is parboiled rice??
Is it half cooked rice??
parboiled rice is rice that has been partially boiled in the husk by soaking, steaming and drying.
This website is really informative and makes it easier for us to make a food chart.
I tried many recipes from your page most of them were liked by my 7 month baby girl except moong dal which she doesn’t like.
Can I use regular rice instead of parboiled rice or poha for making moong dal and rice porridge.
Thank you for writing your feedback 🙂 And yes you can use regular rice which is your family's staple.
Is this also for increase weight?
yes should help
I'm prepared this powder but I didn't wash moong Dal and directly stream that and make a powder is it ok
yes, it shouldn't be a problem. but make sure to wash next time and use
hey, can we add formula powder to this to enhance taste ?