Banana ghee fry – quick and yummy dessert made with long variety Kerala Nendran bananas, sugar, cardamom powder & ghee for babies,toddlers and kids. It’s a very simple and tasty recipe, in which bananas are pan fried in ghee, sprinkled with sugar and cardamom. In Kerala South India, it’s known as Ethapazham Varattiyathu.
I prefer to give this ghee roasted bananas once in a while as a quick evening snack to my little one when she gets fussy about eating:) Whenever I make this roasted bananas, the whole house would be filled with the aroma of ghee and smells divine! This banana ghee fry can be given to babies after 8 months as a finger food and it helps in healthy weight gain. Now Let’s check how to make this banana ghee fry recipe for babies, toddlers and kids.
- Ripe Nendran Banana/ Kerala Banana or any long variety banana - 1
- Brown Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Homemade Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Peel and slice bananas.
- In a sauce pan, heat ghee and add sliced bananas. Fry the bananas in ghee until golden brown. It may take 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the bananas and cook it further for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle brown sugar and cardamom powder over the roasted bananas. Switch off the flames once done.
- Choose ripe bananas for this recipe.
- If using Kerala Nendran banana for small babies, make sure to remove the center black seeds part for easier digestion.
- You can use any long variety banana to make this recipe. But Kerala banana gives a nice flavor.
- Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of banana.
- For babies below one year, skip sugar.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.