Eggs are very nutritious and helps babies to gain weight. Babies get easily bored of with boiled eggs over time and this scrambled eggs comes to rescue. Scrambled eggs recipe is the great snack option for babies and it is one of the way best way to include eggs in their diet.
This scrambled eggs recipe is suitable for babies over 1 year as some doctors don’t recommend giving egg whites before the baby turned one year. But it can be made to babies of 6 months+ age with only egg yolk and without salt and pepper. Here is how to make scrambled eggs for babies.
- Eggs - 1 no
- Pepper powder - a pinch
- Boiled milk - 3 tbsp
- Grated cheese - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Butter - ½ tsp
- Beat the egg with milk in a mixing bowl. Keep it ready.
- Heat half tea spoon of butter in a pan and melt it. Then pour the well beaten egg. Stir the eggs until it gets cooked.
- Keep stirring until the raw smell of eggs completely leaves and the eggs got cooked. It will be dry and fluffy once cooked. Now sprinkle grated cheese (I didn't add cheese as my baby don't like cheese) pepper powder and salt to it. Give a quick stir and switch off the flame.
- For babies aged less than a year old, use only egg yolks to make this scrambled eggs recipe.
- Adding salt is not recommended in baby food unless they turned one year.
- Keep stirring after eggs are added otherwise it may get sticked to the bottom. Scrap it immediately from the pan if it sticks.
- Add 1 small tomato if you want your scrambled eggs to be moist and tangy.
- Cheese can be introduced to babies diet after they completed 8 months. I use cheddar cheese for my baby.