Eggless Whole Wheat Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe - easy and healthy cake recipe made with whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, ripe bananas, and no eggs! I always wanted to try a banana cake with chocolate flavor, and I browsed around and finalized this recipe, which turned out to be a hit. Do try this recipe for your little ones and family, am sure you will love this recipe as we did! This whole wheat chocolate banana cake can be given to toddlers after one year, and the cake is great to pack for kids snack box.
Now Let's get on to check how to make this easy Whole Wheat chocolate banana cake.
Whole Wheat Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 large or 2 medium-sized Ripe Banana
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Olive oil/sunflower oil
- 1/3 cup Milk
- Measure and keep all the other ingredients ready. Also, preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Take a ripe banana. Mash the bananas well with a fork. Alternatively, you can blend the chopped banana pieces in a blender to puree them.
- Once the bananas are thoroughly mashed, add sugar. Then add oil
- Now add milk and vanilla essence
- Stir it well with a hand whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved. Mix well so that the oil is mixed evenly. Once all the wet ingredients are mixed well, place the sieve over a bowl. Add the whole wheat flour
- Add in cocoa powder and baking soda
- Add in baking powder as well. Sift the flour
- Gently fold everything well for 10-15 seconds. Don't over mix. Then add half of the chocolate chips to the mix
- Give a stir, and the final mixture should be thick. Grease a cake pan with oil. Pour the mixture to the cake tin, garnish with chocolate chips, and gently tape it
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg C for 35 -40 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the cake pan and oven) at 180° Celsius till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling in the tray for 5 minutes once done. Once the cake is cooled down completely, cut into pieces, and serve
7. Gently fold everything well for 10-15 seconds. Don't over mix. Then add half of the chocolate chips to the mix.
9. Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg C for 35 -40 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the cake pan and oven) at 180° Celsius till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling in the tray for 5 minutes once done. Once the cake is cooled down completely, cut into pieces, and serve!
- If the mixture is too thick after adding flour, add a few tbsp of milk.
- Use overripe banana for the best results.
- Don't over mix after adding the dry ingredients, fold them for 10-15 seconds.
- This whole wheat chocolate banana cake stays well for four days at room temperature and keeps good for a week if stored in the refrigerator.
- You could use any nuts of your choice instead of chocolate chips.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect cake.