The well-being of our little ones is a top priority for any parent or guardian. As caretakers, we are often faced with the challenge of addressing common ailments such as cold and cough that can affect infants, toddlers, and young children. While numerous remedies and medications flood the market, there's an age-old, time-tested solution that stands out for its efficacy and safety – Tulsi Khasayam.
The art of healing with natural ingredients has been an integral part of traditional medicine for centuries, and Tulsi, also known as Holy Basil, holds a revered position in ancient medicinal practices. Tulsi Khasayam, a potent herbal concoction derived from Tulsi leaves, has gained considerable attention for its ability to alleviate cold and cough symptoms in the delicate systems of babies, toddlers, and kids.
Tulsi Khasayam for Cold & Cough in babies , toddlers , kids | 1 YEAR +
- 10 Basil leaves
- 3 Peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 3 Ajwain Leaves
- Palm Sugar as needed
- 2 cups Water
- Wash some 10 petals of basil leaves in lots of water to get rid of any mud.
- Add 2 cups of water in a vessel, wash basil leaves, 2-3 peppercorns, and ¼ teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- (Optional) - You could also add 2-3 ajwain leaves to this mixture.
- Boil it in the medium until it reduces to half. It may take 5-7 minutes.
- Add palm sugar
- Strain it with a strainer
Also please check some of our post on Cold & Cough
- foods and recipes that can be given during a cold, cough, and fever
- Top 20 Indian Home Remedies for a Cough and Cold
- Ajawin potli is a natural inhaler and works as a soothing home remedy to treat stuffy nose and chest congestion
Our Top Recipes
- Chicken soup is an excellent remedy for cold and cough as it helps to reduce the stuffy nose and congestion
- Turmeric milk is a world-known remedy for cold, cough and sore throat
- Palm candy milk is the best remedy to cold, cough and throat pain in toddlers, kids and even adults
- Tomato rasam is a South Indian style tomato soup recipe, best for babies when they catch a cold and cough