Chocolate Oatmeal/Chocolate Oats - delicious oatmeal recipe made with oats, milk, nuts, and cocoa powder. This chocolate oatmeal is perfect for breakfast, and it tastes so different from the usual oats porridge. It was a massive hit with my little daughter and am sure most of the kids will love this! It tastes so good with the addition of cocoa powder and makes you forget its a porridge! This chocolate oatmeal can be given to babies from one year. Check here on introducing and selecting oats for babies.
Chocolate Oatmeal Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Homemade oatmeal Cereal/ Whole oats - 1/4 cup
- Milk- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
- Cocoa powder - 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1/4 tsp
- Brown Sugar/any sweetener - 1 tbsp
- Nuts/Chocolate Shavings - 1 tbsp for garnish
- Take 1/2 cup of milk in a saucepan and boil until rolling boil. Simmer the flame to low.
- In the meantime, Take the cocoa powder and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl. Add in 2 tbsp of milk. Mix it well without any lumps.
- Now add 1/4 cup of oats along with cocoa powder mix to the simmered milk. Mix well with a whisk. Make sure there are no lumps remained. Add sweetener at this stage. Give a quick stir. Cook the porridge for 5 minutes until it becomes slightly thick. Once the oatmeal is cooked well, add chopped nuts and chocolate shavings. Mix well and switch off the flame. Cool it down and serve warm!
Here is the video of how to make chocolate oats for toddlers and kids
- If the oatmeal becomes too thick, add milk to adjust the consistency while serving.
- For small babies, you can use nuts powder instead of whole nuts.
- You could also use jaggery syrup, dates syrup, mashed banana, or any fruits as a sweetener.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.