Fried Apples- quick and yummy dessert made with apples, jaggery/brown sugar, cinnamon powder & butter or ghee for babies,toddlers and kids. An apple a day keeps the doctor away! Isn’t that true! Apples are such a simple food that can be eaten as such. But what if your child refused to eat apples? Here is an easy recipe to include apples in your child’s diet. The recipe is too simple, sliced apples are pan fried in butter with jaggery/sugar and served warm.
You can prefer to give this fried apples once in a while as a quick evening snack if your child gets fussy about eating:) This apple fry can be given to babies after 8 months as a finger food (make it without sugar and cook softly ). Also check here some apple recipes for babies and kids here. Now Let’s check how to make this apple fry recipe for babies, toddlers and kids.
- Medium sized Apples - 2
- Powdered Jaggery/ Brown Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Butter/Homemade Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder - ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash, Peel and slice the apples. Soak the Apple slices in water with a tbsp of lemon juice. This helps to retain the color of apples.
- In a sauce pan, heat butter/ghee along with powdered jaggery or sugar. Let it melt completely.
- Then add sliced apples. Fry the apples until slightly soft. It may take 2-3 minutes.Flip the apples and cook it further for 2 minutes. Sprinkle cinnamon powder over the fried apples. Switch off the flame once done.
- Choose sweet tasting apples for this recipe.
- Don’t overcook the apples, otherwise it become like Apple sauce.
- Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of apples.
- For babies below one year, skip sugar.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.