Potatoes are rich in vitamin C , vitamin B6 and potassium. It helps babies to gain wright as it is a good source of carbohydrates. Your baby is bored of the usual potatoes puree or mashed potatoes? Then give this a try and i am sure that your baby will love this potato salad .Potato salad can be given to babies of age 9 months plus and makes a great finger food for babies. It’s very simple to make and can be given as snacks to your baby.
- Potato - 2 nos
- Cumin powder - ⅛ tsp
- Pepper powder - ⅛ tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Corainder leaves - 1 tsp chopped
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Wash the potatoes well in running water. Then add the washed potatoes required amount of water pressure cooker. Close the lid and pressure cook it in low medium flame for 4 whistles.
- Open the cooker once the pressure released. Let it cool down. Peel the skin of potatoes and chop them to medium sized cubes. Set aside. In a wide mixing bowl, add cumin powder, pepper powder, lemon juice and required salt (if using). Mix well.
- Now add the chopped potatoes to the mixing bowl. Mix carefully without breaking the potato pieces. Top the salad with chopped corainder leaves if you prefer.
- Make sure the potatoes are well cooked.
- Increase or decrease the spices as per your baby’s age and taste buds.
- Instead of lemon juice, yogurt/curd can be used ti make a creamy potato salad. Add 1 tbsp of curd if using.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Salt is not recommended for babies up to 1 years of age.