Jal jeera recipe for Toddlers and Kids
Jal jeera - Healthy special summer drink for toddlers and kids that aids in digestion & act as a good appetizer
- Mint leaves - a handful
- Coriander leaves - a handful
- Ginger - 1 tsp finely chopped
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper - 4 corns
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Tamarind- 1 tsp or dry mango powder- 1/2 tsp
- Brown Sugar/palm sugar - 2 tsp
- Rock salt/ normal salt - a big pinch
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 3.5 cups
Measure and keep all the ingredients ready. Rinse mint leaves & coriander leaves well. Set aside.
Soak tamarind in warm water for 5 minutes. Mash well and discard the thick pulp. Keep it ready.
Now grind all ingredients except roasted cumin powder, lemon juice and water. Grind them to a fine paste as possible. If needed add little water.
Once done, strain the mixture through a strainer. Now add water and sprinkle roasted cumin powder. Refrigerate the mix for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then pour the drink in glasses and serve.