Green gram sundal / Green moong dal sundal is a healthy Sundal traditionally made for navaratri function. I have already posted the sweet green gram sundal. This recipe is the savoury version of green gram sundal. Hubby prefers savory version over the sweet version, but i like both the versions. I make this green gram sundal recipe often as an evening snack as it is filling. My tummy never kicks for the snacks if i have this green gram sundal at the evening.
Green Gram Sundal Recipe | Pachai Payaru Sundal | Sundal Recipes
- Green gram - 1/2 cup
- Water - as required
- Grated Coconut- 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Seasame Oil - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Red chillies - 1
- Soak green gram with water at least for 7 hours or overnight. Pressure cook the green gram with water till it immersed level for 2 whistles. Open the cooker once pressure released by itself. Set aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and add the items to temper. Once the mustard seeds cracks, urad dal turns brown, add curry leaves and red chillies. Fry for a minute and then add pressure cooked green gram. Mix well.
- Now add grated coconut to it and mix slowly. Toss them for 2 minutes in medium low flame and switch off the flame once done.
The healthy green gram sundal is ready!
- Green gram should be cooked soft but not too mushy.
- Instead of pressure cooking, you could boil the green gram with a cup of water in a vessel until soft.