Carrot Potato Rice for Babies & Toddlers
- Rice - 2 tbsp
- Carrot- 2 tablespoon peeled and chopped
- Potato - 2 tablespoon peeled and chopped
- Turmeric powder- ⅛ tsp
- cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- water - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 Tsp
- Wash, peel and chop the carrots and potatoes. Keep it ready. Wash rice and soak it in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Add the soaked rice in a pressure cooker.
- Then add chopped potato and carrot.
- Now add cumin seeds followed by required salt (skip salt for babies below one year).
- Then add a teaspoon of ghee, turmeric powder and 1 cup of water. Mix well.
- Close the lid of pressure cooker and cook everything in a medium flame for three to four whistles.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker, mash it well with a masher until soft. You can also grind in the blender if you prefer.
Here is the video of how to make carrot potato rice for baby
- You can also add one small chopped onion and tomato to this carrot potato rice.
- Any regular cooking rice can be used to prepare this rice.
- Skip salt for babies below one year.
- Adjust water quantity according to the consistency your baby prefers.
- Make sure to introduce everything separately before you try this rice.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.