Turmeric milk is a world-known remedy for cold, cough and sore throat. Turmeric is an Indian spice used as an Ayurveda medicine to cure many health problems. The turmeric and milk combination works great for cold and cough as both are rich in antioxidants. From childhood, whenever I get symptoms of cold, I used to have this turmeric milk and it works faster than any medicine! Now am following the same for my little daughter too:)
- This turmeric milk can be given to toddlers after one year.
- When you introduce turmeric milk to your kid for the first time, start with a small amount.
- Always use organic pure turmeric powder to prepare this turmeric milk.
- You can offer this turmeric milk once in two weeks or whenever your child has symptoms of a cold.
- This turmeric milk is apt for rainy and winter season rather than summer. But a small amount of turmeric milk can be taken during summer if your child has symptoms of a cold.
Let us get on to check how to make turmeric milk recipes for toddlers and kids.
Turmeric Milk Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Milk - 1.5 cups
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Palm sugar - 2 tbsp
- Keep all ingredients ready. Take milk in a saucepan and add turmeric powder, palm sugar and pepper powder to it. Mix well.
- Heat the milk in low medium flame until frothy. Transfer to serving glasses.
- The yellow color doesn’t come initially when you mix turmeric powder with milk, but after boiling the milk with turmeric gives nice yellow color. So don’t add more turmeric powder than the mentioned amount.
- Instead of Palm sugar, you could use jaggery or honey. Add honey/jaggery when the turmeric milk is warm.
- Pepper is good for cold & cough. So it’s recommended to add it along with turmeric powder. Feel free to skip it if your child is not fond of that flavor.
- When you introduce this turmeric milk to your kid, start with a small amount. Then increase the quantity gradually.
- Always check with your pediatrician before giving any new food to your child.