Weaning is a process of including complementary feeding other than breastmilk or formula milk. Starting weaning to baby is a big milestone which is fun and worry as well. Most of the mommies are confused about when to start solids for baby. Here i have provided some useful information regarding the same. Hope it helps to begin the solid foods for your baby.
- Curious to know what you are eating
- Makes chewing motions
- Can hold the head up, in a steady upright position
- Sits well with support
- Always use clean hands and sterilized vessels & bowls to make your food and feed your baby.
- Never leave your baby unattended while eating to avoid the risk of choking.
- Always serve the baby with fresh food to prevent the loss of nutrients. Consume with in 1 hour after preparation. Discard the left overs before it gets contaminated.
- Use cooled boiled water to make your baby food.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.