Carrot Rice: Easy and quick lunch/dinner recipe for babies and toddlers made with rice, carrots, and ghee. I have already shared Carrot potato rice, and this carrot rice is similar with slight modifications. Adding little spices to the rice makes it more flavourful. But you can reduce or skip the spices according to your baby's preference. It is ideal for babies from 8 months. Do try this carrot rice for your baby if you are bored of giving the usual khichdi recipes.
Here is how to make a carrot rice recipe for babies and toddlers.
Carrot Rice for Baby and Toddlers
- 2 tbsp Rice
- 1/4 cup Carrot peeled and chopped
- a pinch Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper powder
- Salt as required
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Wash, peel, and chop the carrots. Keep it ready. Wash rice and soak it in warm water for 20 minutes. Add the soaked rice and chopped carrots in a pressure cooker.
- Then add pepper powder and cumin powder
- Now add required salt and water (skip salt for babies below one year)
- Then add turmeric powder and ghee. Mix well
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook everything in a medium flame for three to four whistles
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker, mash it well with a masher until soft. You can also grind in the blender if you prefer
- You can also add one small chopped onion and tomato to this carrot rice.
- Any regular cooking rice can be used to prepare this rice.
- Skip the salt for babies below one year.
- Adjust water quantity according to the consistency your baby prefers.
- Make sure to introduce everything separately before you try this rice.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.