A cup of tea is not just meant to be refreshing it is more than that ! My morning never started without a cup of tea or coffee. I usually make tea with tea powder, ginger and cardamom as ginger tea rather than with tea leafs. Recently I got a pack of loose black tea leafs as a gift and hence tried my hands with it. To my surprise, I loved this tea more for its freshness, aroma and strong flavor! So thought of sharing this post as it may help some tea lovers like me.
Black Tea with Milk Recipe | How to Make Black Tea with Milk using carafe
- Water - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Loose Black tea leafs - 2 to 3 tsp or adjust as per preference
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Take the carafe, loose black tea leafs and water. Boil the required milk separately in a sauce pan and keep it warm. I personally prefer warm milk for my cup of tea rather than hot.
- Pour a cup of water in carafe and switch on the flame. Boil the water over flame until it reaches rolling boil. Then add the required black tea leafs to the carafe and close the lid of the carafe immediately & switch of the flame. I have a borosil carafe with strainer in lid which can be used directly on the flame.
- Let the tea steep for at least 3 to 5 minutes. I like my tea strong and hence I kept it for five minutes. Please check the steeping time in the tea pack as it may varies from brand to brand. After the time is up for steeping, open the lid of the carafe and add the milk little by little. Mix it well.
- Then strain the tea in a cup and add required sugar to sweeten your tea.Drink warm. My carafe has strainer in the lid so I didn't use a separate strainer to strain the tea. Use a separate strainer if your carafe doesn't have the option.
3. Then strain the tea in a cup and add required sugar to sweeten your tea.Drink warm. My carafe has strainer in the lid so I didn’t use a separate strainer to strain the tea. Use a separate strainer if your carafe doesn’t have the option.