Steamed Nendran banana mash is a nutrition rich and filling food for babies. It helps in weight gain too. I have introduced this Nendran mash to my baby at her 7 th month after her stomach is adjusted with small bananas. My baby likes anything sweet and hence this banana mash too. Steaming Nendran banana is very important to make it digestible for babies. Let’s see the recipe.
- Nendran Banana - 1 medium sized
- Water - as needed
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Take Nendran banana and trim head and tail parts with a knife. Then chop them into equal size disks.
- Steam the chopped banana pieces in a steamer for 10 minutes. Once the banana is steamed, it will be soft and in yellow color. Remove the seeds if desired.Now blend it with little water to a smooth paste in a blender. You can steam it with Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water or pressure cook it with a cup of water for 2 whistles. For both steaming and blending i use
- Philips Avent Combined Steamer and Blender