Steamed dosa is a healthy version of dosa made with homemade ghee that can be given as breakfast/dinner to babies next to Idlis. It’s very quick to prepare and make a wholesome meal for your baby. My baby will get bored If i feed idli everyday to her, so this steamed dosa is a life saver to me. I used to serve this steamed dosa along with curd, dal or mildly spiced sambar. For Idli dosa batter preparation, Check out the post on how to make Idli dosa using grinder or mixie.
This steamed dosa can be given to babies of age 8 months plus, once they have been introduced to porridge’s, purees and steamed Idli. When you give Idli or this steamed dosa for the first time, just mix with warm water and feed which ensures easier digestion and avoid choking. Lets get on to check how to make this steamed dosa for babies.
- Idli Dosa Batter - 1 laddle
- Homemade ghee - ¼ tsp
- Prepare idli dosa batter using Mixie or grinder. Keep it ready.
- Heat a dosa tawa. Once its hot, pour a laddle of batter to it. Keep the flame medium to low. Spread a little to form a small circle. Then sprinkle ghee over it.
- Then cook covered with a lid for 3 minutes or until done. Once the dosa gets cooked, remove from the tawa.
- Make sure the dosa is cooked well and it’s soft.
- When you give this steamed dosa for the first time to your baby, just mix with warm water and feed which ensures easier digestion and avoid choking.
- Homemade ghee is recommended for baby’s food rather than store bought ones.