Ever since the little one started liking pancakes, I am trying new varieties of it. We tasted this kind of oats pancakes in a restaurant. My little daughter liked it very much. So I tried in my own way and got hooked into this recipe. I had few requests to post easy recipes with oats so keep watching for more oats recipes in future:) . Till then check out this oats banana porridge recipe that I posted sometime back.
You can give this oats pancakes to your toddlers/kids at breakfast/dinner or as a snack. It can be served with honey, dates syrup or tastes great even plain. Let’s get on to check how to make this tasty oats pancakes for toddlers & kids.
- Oats - ½ cup
- Whole wheat flour - ¼ cup
- Brown sugar or Jaggery powder - 1 to 2 tbsp
- Milk - ½ cup
- Eggs - 1
- Salt - a pinch
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract - ½ tsp
- Measure oats, whole wheat flour, sugar/Jaggery. Keep it ready along with other ingredients. Dry roast the oats in a pan until nice aroma comes. Remove from the pan once done. Let it cool down.
- Grind the dry roasted oats in a blender to a fine powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add milk, eggs, butter, vannila extract, sugar/jaggery and mix well with a whisk.
- In another bowl, add oats flour, whole wheat flour, salt and baking soda. Mix well. Now add the egg and milk mix to it. Mix well so that no lumps are formed. The batter should be like regular dosa batter consistency neither too thick nor runny. Set aside.
- Heat a pan or tawa, add a laddle of batter to it and spread it to form a circle. Don't spread too much. Cook until brown on one side for five minutes and flip the pancake. Cook for a minute and remove from the pan. Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.
- Vegetarians can skip eggs and try adding bananas instead.
- You can skip baking soda if you don’t want to add.
- You can also skip whole wheat flour and try only with oats.
- Don’t spread it too thin, otherwise it may stick to the tawa.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.