Eggs are super nutritional food for babies, toddlers and kids as it helps in brain development. It’s also packed with proteins and rich in Vitamin D. Hence including eggs in children’s diet is important for their growth. Eggs are also known for their versatility as that can be fit easily to sweet or savory recipes. Here are some collection of egg recipes, which are very healthy and delicious too.
When to introduce eggs for babies:
Egg whites are one of the potential allergen. But egg yolk is less likely to trigger an allergic reaction, hence the egg yolk can be given from 7 to 8 months after introducing some basic foods. Egg whites can be introduced after 1 years of age. But recent studies are suggesting to introduce allergen foods sooner, hence consult with your doctor about introducing egg whites before one year as reactions with egg allergies may be severe. When you introduce eggs, u can offer fully boiled egg yolk to your baby.
- Start with one fully boiled yellow yolk per day and check for allergies.
- If your baby is not allergic to yellow yolks, you can slowly introduce egg white after a week (after discussing with doctor & no family history of allergies to eggs)
- Then you can slowly introduce omelette, scrambled eggs and other egg recipes
- Eggs can be given to babies maximum 3-4 times a week
- No half boiled eggs are not recommend at least till one or even two years.
Bookmark this page for future reference as i will be updating this post on a regular basis with different egg recipes. Click on each thumbnail image or the link given below for the recipes. Eggs can be given to babies from 8 months, but some egg recipes are better suited to slightly older babies. Hence choose recipes according to your baby’s age which is mentioned in the brackets along with recipe. Please refer to the notes section given at end of this post for the points to remember before making these egg recipes for your baby!
Egg Stir Fry (10 months+)
Egg Sandwich (1 year +)
Bread omelette (8 months+)
Banana Pancakes with Egg (8 months+)
Oats Pancakes with Egg (1 year +)
Pizza Style Omelette (1 year +)
Scrambled Eggs (8 months+)
Egg Dosa (8 months+)
Egg Curry (10 months+)
Egg Biryani (1 year +)
Beetroot Pancakes (1 year +)
Egg Potato Scramble (8 Months+)
Sweet French Toast (1 Year+)
Paneer Omelette (10 Months+)
Cheese Omelette (8 Months+)
Spinach Omelette (10 Months+)
Oats Custard with egg (8 Months+)
- Never introduce more than 1 food at a time when introducing solids to your baby.
- Check for allergy symptoms when you introducing a new food to your baby and stop feeding your baby if you find any symptoms.
- If your baby is allergic to any specific ingredient, remove it from the recipe.
- Please avoid green chillies and red chillies at least till two years.
- If the recipe calls for more spices, adjust it according to your baby’s age and preference.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Sugar, salt and honey is not recommended until 1 years of age.