Chikoo banana mash is a easy peasy recipe that can be done in jiffy as it requires no cooking and hence It’s ideal for travel too.The combination of chikoo and banana makes a wonderful delicious taste. My baby used to whip this yummy mash up in a matter of minutes.
Here is how to make chikoo banana mash for babies!
- Chikoo - 2 small sized
- Banana - 1 medium sized
- Sterilise the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Wash chikoo/sapota in running water well. Peel the skin off from the chikoo with a peeler. Cut them into two vertical pieces and remove the seeds. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Peel the banana and chop them into thin circles.
- Blend the chopped chikoo and banana pieces in a blender for 5 seconds. Don't blend it to a smooth paste. Alternatively u can mash it well with your hands or using a masher. Add water if it is too thick .
- Include chikoo in babies diet after you introduced Apple, banana, pear etc.
- When selecting chikoo, choose the ripe ones. Ripen chikoo will yield out when you press with your thumb. Also choose ripened banana to make this mash.
- You can mash it with fork/masher/hand instead of blending.
- Add breastmilk or formula milk to make a suitable consistency.
- Generally chikoo or banana doesn’t cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.