Do you know avocados are one of the world’s best food for babies. As its rich in saturated fat which babies need it for brain development. Hence its often referred as natures perfect food. In India its known as ‘Butter Fruit ‘. Avocados are one of the best first food for baby because of its texture and creaminess. Hence it can be given from 6 months. Some babies don’t like the bland taste of avocado as it has a mild flavor. Combining it with apples, bananas or mangoes enhances it taste. Always choose ripe avocados for baby food
How to say the avocados are ripe and ready to use:
Look for a avocado fruit with dark green color and with less indentations. A ripe avocado should yield out when pressed gently. Ripe Avocados (that yield to gentle pressure) should be eaten within a day or two and place it in the refrigerator to slow the ripening process if not using immediately. If the avocados doesn’t yield to gentle pressure, it firm and unripe. Unripe avocados can take four to five days to ripen at room temperature.
- Avocado - 1 medium size riped fruit
- Banana - 1 medium sized (optional)
- Breastmilk/formula Milk/Water - as required to reach consistency
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash the avocados in running water thoroughly. Cut the avocado vertically into two pieces.
- Remove the big seed in the center part and just scoop out the inner part using a spoon. Collect them in a bowl. Discard the outer layers and seed.
- Cut the bananas and keep it ready. Then take the scooped avacado and chopped bananas in a blender. Grind it to a smooth puree. Then add breast milk or formula milk to adjust consistency.
The creamy avocado puree is ready. Hope you liked this recipe.
- Choose ripe avocados for best results. Otherwise it may taste bitter.
- You can add either steamed apples, bananas or mangoes to this puree. You can make it plain too.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.