Avocado pasta – Pasta cooked and tossed in avocado sauce, great healthy meal for babies, toddlers and kids. After reading many health benefits of avocado, I never miss them out when I go for weekly grocery shopping. I have posted avocado milkshake and avocado sandwich a while ago, stay tuned for more avocado recipes 🙂
Avocado pasta is my recent try, it turned out super good and yummy. Pasta is highly nutritious food, when it’s combined with avocados makes it more healthy and delicious treat for babies, toddlers and kids. This creamy avocado pasta can be given to babies from 8 months after introducing pasta and avocado separate.
Most of the pastas are made with whole wheat and hence it can be included in babies diet from 8 months after introducing wheat to your baby. Have a word with your baby’s doctor before you start pasta to your baby. If your baby is not allergic to wheat, the chances of allergies to pasta is very less.
When you introduce, you can offer cooked pasta as a finger food by cutting into tiny pieces around 8 months. If your baby doesn’t like the taste of plain pasta, mix it with fruit or veg purees to make it more interesting.
- Avocado - 1 medium sized
- Whole wheat pasta - 1 cup
- Garlic cloves -5 small ones
- Pepper corns - ½ tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Olive oil or cooking oil - 1 tsp
- Measure pasta. Keep it ready along with other ingredients. Cook the pasta with salt in a saucepan of water for 10-12 minutes or follow the instructions given in the pack.
- In the meantime, scoop out the avocado. (Check here on
- how to scoop out the avocado). Add the scooped avocado, pepper corns, lemon juice and garlic cloves to a blender. Blend it to a smooth paste and set aside.
- Once the pasta is cooked, remove from the flame and strain the cooked pasta using a strainer.
- Heat a pan with oil and add cooked pasta. Toss it in oil for a minute.
- Now add avocado paste. Mix everything well until avocado paste is coated well with the pasta. Switch off the flame once done.
- I used penne pasta. You can use any pasta variety to make this avocado pasta.
- Skip salt for babies below one year.
- Adjust the amount of pepper and garlic according to babies tolerance level.
- For small babies, cut into pieces and offer this avocado pasta.
- Make sure to introduce avocado and pasta separate to your baby, before you try this avocado pasta recipe.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.